Solar PV, Solar Thermal and Voltage Optimisers
Cost saving solar solutions with training and employment opportunities for your community
The Solar Photovoltaic, Solar Thermal and Voltage Optimisers framework is a product of Alliance, a collaboration between PfH, Fusion21 and Northern Housing Consortium.
The framework includes:
- Photovoltaic Panels - PV systems generate electricity from the sun for use by householders and/or export to the grid.
- Solar Hot Water systems - SHW or Solar Thermal systems use direct or indirect sunlight to heat water and can supply domestic hot water, or in some cases, space heating.
- Voltage Optimisers - slightly reduce the voltage supplied to appliances. Most modern appliances run on 230 volts. Supply is around 240 volts but varies between c230 and c250. Optimising the voltage at 230v reduces wasted energy and can make appliances last longer.
Due to the nature of the framework, the contract was awarded in two lots to 36 Suppliers. Lot 1 is for 'Supply Only', for which 15 Suppliers have been awarded, some of whom are manufacturers whose products are available via the Merchants/Distributors also awarded in Lot 1.
Lot 2 is for 'Supply and Install', for which 24 Suppliers/Contractors have been awarded. Price lists are available for Lot 1 on request.
Why use this framework?
- Alliance draws on the combined buying power of the sector's largest consortia and is able to provide solar solutions at the most competitive prices on the market.
- You benefit from the most flexible installation solutions designed to meet the needs of all Members regardless of size or location.
- We have made sure that critical ongoing maintenance and support is available.
- You also get ongoing contract management and supplier performance monitoring.
- As is the case with all Alliance retrofit frameworks, training and employment opportunities can be built into your solution.
May 2011 - April 2015
You can get detailed information about this framework by downloading our associated documents below or contacting us on 01925 282 398.