Japanese Knotweed and Other Invasive Weeds
Protect your properties with up to 40% savings on Japanese Knotweed treatment
This EU compliant framework enables Members to gain access to professional treatment and removal of Japanese knotweed invasion.
This innovative framework helps to prevent physical damage to buildings, harm to the environment and removes the risk of incurring excessive costs later. Members also benefit from savings of up to 40% compared to non-framework pricing.
The framework has been awarded across seven geographical lots. For more details please download the associated documents below.
Japanese Knotweed facts and figures
• Japanese Knotweed has a growth rate of up to 20 cm per day; it is highly invasive and capable of exposing weaknesses in buildings, foundations, concrete and tarmac.
• 9.2% of rivers and canals in England and Wales are infested with Japanese Knotweed and 3.1% in Scotland.
• Total annual costs of Japanese Knotweed to the British economy are estimated at £166 million.
• £2m was spent to eradicate Japanese Knotweed on one 2 hectare development site.
Why choose this framework?
• Sector leading experts will deliver unrivalled potential for savings - up to 40% less than non-framework pricing;
• It is dedicated solely to the treatment of Japanese Knotweed and other invasive weeds, and has complete UK coverage;
• You have access to 6 market leading specialists, all of whom adhere to the Environment Agency’s Code of Practice;
• You can benefit from our suppliers’ professional expertise, market leading technology and qualified teams and receive warranties on completion of the treatment process;
• Our procurement professionals at PfH offer on-going contract management and supplier performance monitoring, geographically aligned with Members to provide a local service.
1st January 2013 - 28th February 2017
You can get detailed information about this framework by downloading our associated documents below or contacting us on 01925 282 398.